The Cancer Drugs Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
Release Date: April 2016
Number of Pages: 223
Number of Tables and Figures: 52
Synopsis: Often cited as one of the leading causes of death worldwide, cancer refers to a group of diseases that are characterized by unrestrained or unregulated growth of cells leading to the formation of malignant tumors that can invade other parts of the body and eventually impair normal functions.
The prevalence of cancer is continuing to grow, with approximately 15 Million new cases globally each year. However, several immunotherapy and targeted treatments have significantly improved patient outcomes and survival rates. The market is ripe for future growth with a number of targeted therapies in late-stage development, such as PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors.
As new drugs continue to revitalize the cancer treatment ecosystem, we expect the cancer drugs market to grow at a CAGR of 9% between 2016 and 2020, eventually accounting for nearly $120 Billion in revenue.
The “Cancer Drugs Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the cancer drugs ecosystem including treatment options, key trends, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, drug development pipeline, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for cancer drugs from 2016 through to 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 2 therapeutic pathways, 11 therapeutic categories, 5 regions and 25 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
For a sample of the report or any further inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pricing: The report is available for the following price:
Single User License: USD 2,500
Company Wide License (Single Site): USD 3,500
Company Wide License (Global Site): USD 6,500
The report has the following key findings:
- As new drugs continue to revitalize the cancer treatment ecosystem, we expect the cancer drugs market to grow at a CAGR of 9% between 2016 and 2020, eventually accounting for nearly $120 Billion in revenue.
- The market is ripe for future growth with a number of targeted therapies in late-stage development, such as PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors.
- Another key area of focus for future drug development is CAR-T (Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell) therapy, which involves engineering immune cells to recognize and attack their tumors.
- The industry continues to witness consolidation in the form of both acquisitions and mergers. Strategic collaborations are also rife in the ecosystem. For example, Swiss cancer drugs giant Roche has formed partnerships with Kite Pharma and Johnson & Johnson to explore combinations using its experimental drug Atezolizumab.
The report covers the following topics:
- Cancer drugs ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Types of cancer, treatment options and key trends
- Analysis of key drug classes and leading cancer drugs
- Future drug development pipeline
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of 100 leading ecosystem players, including cancer drug developers
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2016 till 2030
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Therapeutic Pathways
- Immuno-Oncology & Targeted Therapies
- Cytotoxic & Hormonal Therapies
- Therapeutic Categories
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Renal Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Other Cancers
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Latin & Central America
- Country Markets
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the cancer drugs opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which countries and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- What are the prospects of biosimilar drugs in oncology?
- How big is the market for immuno-oncology and targeted cancer therapies?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- How will patent expirations of innovator drugs impact the market?
- What strategies should cancer drug manufacturers adopt to remain competitive?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
BMS (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
CTI Biopharma Corporation
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
Eli Lilly & Company
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies
Johnson & Johnson
Les Laboratoires Servier
Massachusetts General Hospital
Merck & Co.
MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
NHS (National Health Service, UK)
NTU (Nanyang Technological University)
Roche Holding (F. Hoffmann-La Roche)
Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
Sun Pharma (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries)
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
United Therapeutics Corporation