The Glaucoma Drugs Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
Release Date: March 2016
Number of Pages: 126
Number of Tables and Figures: 46
Synopsis: Often cited as the leading cause of irreversible blindness worldwide, glaucoma is a complex eye disease in which damage to the optic nerve leads to progressive, permanent vision loss. Although this damage is usually caused by increased IOP (Intraocular Pressure) inside the eye, even patients with normal range IOP can develop glaucoma.
Glaucoma can be treated with eye drops, injections, oral pills, laser treatment or surgery. Expected to surpass $6 Billion in global spending by the end of 2016, drugs remain the preferred approach to treat most cases of glaucoma. Despite the loss of patent protection for several blockbuster drugs which has attracted generic competition, the market is ripe for future growth with a number of novel drugs in late-stage development.
The “Glaucoma Drugs Market: 2015 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the glaucoma drugs ecosystem including application areas, delivery technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, drug development pipeline, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for glaucoma drugs from 2016 through to 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 5 drug classes, 5 regions and 25 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
For a sample of the report or any further inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pricing: The report is available for the following price:
Single User License: USD 2,500
Company Wide License (Single Site): USD 3,500
Company Wide License (Global Site): USD 6,500
The report has the following key findings:
- Expected to surpass $6 Billion in global spending by the end of 2016, drugs remain the preferred approach to treat most cases of glaucoma.
- Generic variants of glaucoma drugs such as Latanoprost, continue to gain traction as patents of innovator formulations expire.
- New glaucoma R&D programs are primarily focused on ROCK (Rho Kinase) inhibitors, adenosine agonists and NO (Nitric Oxide) donors, among other therapies.
- Some drug developers are also investing in sustained release product candidates for existing prostaglandin analogs and other drugs, to address the issue of non-adherence in glaucoma treatment.
The report covers the following topics:
- Glaucoma drugs ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Role of drugs in glaucoma and key trends
- Analysis of key drug classes and leading therapies
- Future drug development pipeline
- Glaucoma drug delivery technologies
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of over 30 leading ecosystem players, including glaucoma drug developers
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2030
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Drug Classes
- Prostaglandin Analogs
- Beta Blockers
- Alpha Agonists
- Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors
- Combinations & Others
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Latin & Central America
- Country Markets
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the glaucoma drugs opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which countries and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- What are the prospects of new drug delivery technologies such as intracameral implants?
- How big is the market for combination formulations and new drug classes?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- How will patent expirations of innovator drugs impact the market?
- What strategies should glaucoma drug developers adopt to remain competitive?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
Bausch & Lomb
D.Western Therapeutics Institute
FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Merck & Co.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company
Santen Pharmaceutical Company
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International