The Ophthalmic Drugs Market: 2015 – 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
Release Date: July 2015
Number of Pages: 148
Number of Tables and Figures: 43
Synopsis: As a higher percentage of the global population lives longer, age related eye disorders such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, cataracts and macular degeneration are on the rise. In addition, a host of modern lifestyle habits such as poor eating, overworking and the excessive use of visual displays, have created an environment rife with conditions such as dry eye syndrome and myopia.
Although surgery is the only option for the treatment of certain ophthalmic conditions such as cataracts, ophthalmic drugs continue to account for the highest percentage of spending within the wider market for ophthalmic products. Expected to surpass $20 Billion in global spending by the end of 2015, ophthalmic drugs remain the preferred approach to treat common eye disorders, ranging from dry eye syndrome to more complicated conditions such as glaucoma. Despite the loss of patent protection for several blockbuster drugs which has attracted generic competition, the market is ripe for future growth with a number of novel drugs in late-stage development.
The “Ophthalmic Drugs Market: 2015 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the ophthalmic drugs ecosystem including application areas, delivery technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, drug development pipeline, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for ophthalmic drugs from 2015 through to 2030. The forecasts are segmented for over 5 therapeutic categories, 5 regions and 25 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
For a sample of the report or any further inquiries please contact email@example.com
Pricing: The report is available for the following price:
Single User License: USD 2,500
Company Wide License (Single Site): USD 3,500
Company Wide License (Global Site): USD 6,500
The report has the following key findings:
- Expected to surpass $20 Billion in global spending by the end of 2015, ophthalmic drugs remain the preferred approach to treat common eye disorders, ranging from dry eye syndrome to more complicated conditions such as glaucoma
- Generic variants of ophthalmic drugs continue to gain traction, as patents of innovator ophthalmic formulations expire
- New ophthalmic R&D programs are focused on slow release anti-VEGFs, rho kinase inhibitors, integrin antagonists and anti-inflammatory agents, among other therapies
- In a bid to improve patient compliance and reduce the burden of patient visits, ophthalmic drug manufacturers are keen to invest in new delivery routes, such as ocular implants, that prolong drug availability, require less frequent dosing and have fewer side effects
- The industry continues to witness consolidation, primarily in the form of acquisitions, such as the recent $66 Billion purchase of Allergan by Actavis
The report covers the following topics:
- Ophthalmic drugs ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Eye disorders, application areas and key trends
- Analysis of key drug classes and leading ophthalmic drugs
- Future drug development pipeline
- Ophthalmic drug delivery technologies
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of over 50 leading ecosystem players, including ophthalmic drug manufacturers
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2030
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Therapeutic Category
- Allergy & Anti-Inflammatory
- Dry Eye
- Retinal & Other Disorders
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Latin & Central America
- Country Markets
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the ophthalmic drugs opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which countries and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- What are the prospects of new drug delivery technologies, such as nanotechnology and iontophoresis?
- How big is the market for glaucoma drugs?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- How will patent expirations of innovator drugs impact the market?
- What strategies should ophthalmic drug manufacturers adopt to remain competitive?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
Abbott Medical Optics
Bausch + Lomb
Cell Cure Neurosciences
FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Merck and Co.
Roche Holding (F. Hoffmann-La Roche)
Santen Pharmaceutical Company
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
Ventana Medical Systems