The Pre-Filled Syringes Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
Release Date: May 2016
Number of Pages: 179
Number of Tables and Figures: 83
Synopsis: A pre-filled syringe is a medical syringe that comes pre-filled with a specific dosage of medication. Representing one of the fastest growing segments of the injectable drug delivery ecosystem, pre-filled syringes offer significant benefits over the traditional ‘vial and syringe’ format, by increasing dosing accuracy, safety and convenience.
In addition, pre-filled syringes also offer a variety of economic benefits to pharmaceutical companies including a reduction in drug overfill and waste, which increases the saleable yield of the API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient).
SNS Research estimates that the market for pre-filled syringes will account for nearly $4 Billion in revenue by the end of 2016. Despite challenges relating to drug stability, manufacturing and competition from other drug delivery technologies, the market is poised for significant growth in the coming years.
The “Pre-Filled Syringes Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the pre-filled syringes ecosystem including technology, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, use cases, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for pre-filled syringe unit sales from 2016 through to 2030. The forecasts are further segmented for 4 horizontal submarkets, 10 drug classes, 5 regions and 15 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
For a sample of the report or any further inquiries please contact email@example.com
Pricing: The report is available for the following price:
Single User License: USD 2,500
Company Wide License (Single Site): USD 3,500
Company Wide License (Global Site): USD 6,500
The report has the following key findings:
- SNS Research estimates that the market for pre-filled syringes will account for nearly $4 Billion in revenue by the end of 2016. Despite challenges relating to drug stability, manufacturing and competition from other drug delivery technologies, the market is poised for significant growth in the coming years.
- In 2015, plastic based platforms accounted for just over 9% of the wider pre-filled syringes market. Over the next four years, the proportion of plastic pre-filled syringes is expected to increase by 6%, as drug developers seek to reduce the likelihood of breakage, while increasing the functionality of their products.
- Many pre-filled syringe manufacturers now offer integrated automatic needle shielding or retractable needle options. In addition, specialist manufacturers have developed dual and multi chambered syringes to cater for drugs that must be reconstituted at the point of delivery.
- Pre-filled pen systems and auto-injectors will grow at a CAGR of 21% over the next four years.
The report covers the following topics:
- Pre-filled syringes ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Technology, safety mechanisms and key trends
- Pen systems and auto-injectors
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Analysis of leading drug classes and pre-filled syringe therapies
- Profiles and strategies of over 80 leading ecosystem players, including manufacturers and pharmaceutical giants
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2016 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Injector Type
- Pen Systems & Auto-Injectors
- Drug Class
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- G-CSF Agents
- Recombinant Coagulation Factors
- Growth Hormones
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Latin & Central America
- Country Markets
- South Korea
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the pre-filled syringes opportunity?
- What factors are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- Which countries and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- How will patent expiries of biologics impact the pre-filled syringes market?
- What are the future prospects of multi chamber pre-filled syringes?
- How does regulation impact pre-filled syringes?
- What strategies should pre-filled syringe manufacturers adopt to remain competitive?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
AMRI (Albany Molecular Research, Inc.)
Aspen Pharmacare Holdings
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
BSM (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
Datwyler Sealing Solutions
Eli Lilly and Company
EMA (European Medicines Agency)
Fischer Clinical Services
JLS (JSR Life Sciences)
Johnson & Johnson
Laboratorios Farmacéuticos ROVI
LTI (Lyophilization Technology, Inc.)
MedPro Safety Products
Merck and Co.
MGC (MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL)
MHLW (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan)
Ompi (Stevanato Group)
Oval Medical Technologies
Piramal Pharma Solutions
Revolutions Medical Corporation
Roche Holding (F. Hoffmann-La Roche)
SiO2 Medical Products
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Vetter Pharma International
Weigao Group (Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Company)
West Pharmaceutical Services