The Retinal Disorder Drugs Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
Release Date: July 2016
Number of Pages: 213
Number of Tables and Figures: 44
Synopsis: Retinal disorders such as AMD (Age-Related Macular Degeneration) and diabetic eye disease can significantly impair vision by damaging the tissue layer at the back of the eye responsible for light detection. In severe cases, certain retinal disorders can even result in permanent blindness, making timely treatment critical.
Retinal disorders are typically treated with drugs, laser treatment or surgery. Largely dominated by anti-VEGF therapies, drugs remain the preferred approach to treat most cases of retinal disorders. Retinal disorder drug sales are expected to account for nearly $13 Billion by the end of 2016. The market is ripe for future growth with a number of product candidates in development, including long-acting anti-VEGF treatments, anti-PDGF agents, combination therapies, complement factor inhibitors and cell therapies.
The “Retinal Disorder Drugs Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the retinal disorder drugs ecosystem including application areas, delivery technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, drug development pipeline, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for retinal disorder drugs from 2016 through to 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 3 therapeutic categories, 5 regions and 25 leading countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
For a sample of the report or any further inquiries please contact email@example.com
Pricing: The report is available for the following price:
Single User License: USD 2,500
Company Wide License (Single Site): USD 3,500
Company Wide License (Global Site): USD 6,500
The report has the following key findings:
- Retinal disorder drug sales are expected to account for nearly $13 Billion by the end of 2016. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 6% over the next four year period, eventually accounting for over $15 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
- The future pipeline of retinal disorder drugs is promising as drug developers continue to invest heavily in novel therapeutic development programs.
- New R&D programs are primarily focused on long-acting anti-VEGF treatments, anti-PDGF agents, combination therapies, complement factor inhibitors and cell therapies.
- In a bid to improve patient compliance and reduce the burden of frequent eye injections, drug developers are investing in the development of convenient and potentially cost-effective delivery routes, including intravitreal implants and dissolvable intracanalicular depots.
- Some drug developers are also beginning to investigate eye drop and oral formulations to enhance the quality of life of patients with retinal disorders.
The report covers the following topics:
- Retinal disorder drugs ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Role of drugs in retinal disorders and key trends
- Analysis of key drug classes and leading therapies
- Future drug development pipeline
- Retinal disorder drug delivery technologies
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of over 80 leading ecosystem players, including drug developers
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2016 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Therapeutic Categories
- AMD (Age-Related Macular Degeneration)
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Other Retinal Disorders
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Latin & Central America
- Country Markets
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the retinal disorder drugs opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which countries and submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- What are the prospects of new drug delivery technologies, such as intravitreal implants and dissolvable intracanalicular depots?
- How big is the market for AMD drugs?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- How will patent expirations of innovator drugs impact the market?
- What strategies should drug developers adopt to remain competitive?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
4D Molecular Therapeutics
Bausch & Lomb
BMS (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
CDI (Cellular Dynamics International)
Cell Cure Neurosciences
Chengdu Kanghong Biotech
Chengdu Kanghong Pharmaceuticals
Colby Pharmaceutical Company
Innovations in Sight
Roche Holding (F. Hoffmann-La Roche)
Santen Pharmaceutical Company
SciFluor Life Sciences
Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International