The Mobile Security (mSecurity) Bible: 2014 – 2020 - Device Security, Infrastructure Security & Security Services
Release Date: April 2014
Number of Pages: 304
Number of Tables and Figures: 120
Synopsis: Mobile networks around the globe generate more than 86 Exabytes of traffic annually. The immense volume of traffic together with the growing adoption of open source Operating System (OS) platforms such as Android has opened up new security threats. Mobile malware, SMS spam, cyber attacks and unlawful eavesdropping are an ever-increasing problem for enterprises, consumers and mobile network operators around the globe.
This has in turn led to significant investments in integrated security appliances and content security gateways by both enterprises and mobile network operators, besides opening doors for emerging submarkets such as mobile Security as a Service (SECaaS).
On the devices front, installation of anti-malware/anti-virus client software is fast becoming a de-facto requirement for most smartphones and tablets. Furthermore, mobile device OEMs are also integrating advanced biometrics such as fingerprint sensing into their smartphones and tablets, amid growing popularity of security sensitive opportunities such as mobile payments.
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, SNS Research estimates that mobile device and network security investments will account for nearly $11 Billion in 2014 alone. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 20% over the next 6 years.
The “Mobile Security (mSecurity) Bible: 2014 - 2020” report presents an in-depth assessment of the global mobile device and network security market, and covers four individual submarkets. In addition to covering key market drivers, challenges, future roadmap, value chain analysis, deployment case studies and vendor service/product strategies for each submarket, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for the mobile device and network security market from 2014 till 2020. Historical revenue figures for 2010 – 2013 are also presented. The forecasts and historical revenue figures are individually segmented for four submarkets, 17 product/service categories, six geographical regions and 34 countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet covering quantitative data from all figures presented within the report.
For a sample of the report or any further inquiries please contact email@example.com
The report is available for the following price:
- Single User License: USD 2,500
- Company Wide License: USD 3,500
The report has the following key findings:
- Driven by the thriving ecosystem, SNS Research estimates that mobile device and network security investments will account for nearly $11 Billion in 2014 alone. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 20% over the next 6 years
- Enterprises and mobile network operators have made significant investments in integrated security appliances and content security gateways (including those specific to SMS/MMS security)
- The installation of anti-malware/anti-virus client software is fast becoming a de-facto requirement for most smartphones and tablets
- More than half of all enterprises allow the use of employed owned mobile devices on their networks. Enterprises thus continue to aggressively adopt SSL VPNs in their mobile security strategies to ensure connection security in addition to activity monitoring and control
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) services providers are eyeing on opportunities for cloud based mobile security services that extend existing security policies to enterprise mobile devices to help secure data, reduce risk and protect the enterprise, which has created a new submarket for mobile Security as a Service (SEaaS)
- As mobile networks move towards an all-IP environment, wireless carriers are increasingly taking an interest in RAN centric security products that can mitigate security threats to air interface signaling
The report covers the following topics:
- An in-depth analysis for four individual submarkets and their associated product/service categories: Mobile Network Infrastructure Security Software & Appliances, Mobile Device Client Security Software, Mobile Device Security Hardware and Mobile Security & MDM Services
- Value chain analysis for each submarket
- Key market drivers and challenges for each submarket
- Key trends for each submarket
- Case studies on product/service deployment for each submarket
- Profiles and strategies of over 70 key players in the market
- Strategic recommendations for vendors, enterprises and wireless carriers
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2010 till 2020
Market forecasts and historical revenue figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their 17 product/service categories:
- Mobile Network Infrastructure Security Software & Appliances
- Integrated Security Appliances (Hardware & Software)
- Content Security Gateways
- SMS/MMS Content Security Gateways
- Mobile Device Client Security Software
- Anti-Malware/Anti-Virus Client Software
- Back Up & Restore Software
- Privacy Protection Software
- Mobile VPN Client Software
- Remote Locking Software
- Remote Tracking Software
- Encrypted Communications (Voice/Data) Software
- Encrypted Storage Software
- Mobile Device Security Hardware
- Semiconductors/Embedded Chip Security
- Mobile Security & MDM (Mobile Device Management) Services
- On-premises Mobile Security MDM Services
- Cloud Based Mobile SECaaS (Security as a Service)
- Mobile Identity Management Services
The following regional and country markets are also covered:
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
- Country Markets
- Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the mobile device and network security market, and what particular submarkets does it constitute?
- Who are the key players in each submarket?
- How is the value chain structured for each submarket and how will it evolve overtime?
- Which regions and countries will witness the highest percentage of growth in mobile security spending?
- What is the outlook of anti-virus, anti-malware and VPN client software adoption for mobile devices?
- Will recent privacy scandals have a negative impact on mobile security spending in the coming years?
- What known malware families are most dangerous for modern smartphones?
- What are the prospects of NFC as an authentication solution?
- What are the security vulnerabilities of LTE and WiFi networks?
- What are the prospects of RAN centric security products?
- How will M2M and the associated IoT ecosystem affect the mobile security market?
- How is BYOD adoption affecting enterprise mobile security strategies?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies and organizations have been reviewed, discussed or mentioned in the report:
Airbus Defence and Space
American Portwell Technology
AVG Technologies N.V
Calyptix Security Corporation
Check Point Software Technologies
Cloud Security Alliance
Core Security Technologies
Cross Match Technologies
eEye Digital Security
European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA)
Get Safe Online
Global Technology Associates (GTA)
Hewlett Packard (HP)
Korea Telecom (KT)
Marble Security (Formerly IronKey)
McAfee (Intel Security)
Mobile Active Defense
Mobile Application Development Partners
Mobile Idea Studio
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
NCP engineering GmbH
Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN)
North Carolina State University
Orange (France Telecom)
Palo Alto Networks
Phone On Map
Software Security Solutions
Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
The Trusted Computing Group (TCG)
Ultra Electronics AEP
Zenprise (now Citrix)