The Voice Over Mobile Broadband (VoMBB) Market: 2012 - 2016
Release Date: June 2012
Synopsis: A relatively new term, Voice over Mobile Broadband (VoMBB) refers to the end to end routing of standard mobile phone calls over a mobile broadband networks such as LTE and HSPA. VoMBB brings unique advantages to carriers in the form of improved spectral efficiency, cost reduction per subscriber, high quality audio, user terminal power savings and the ability to offload voice capacity to other technologies such as WiFi.
Furthermore, VoMBB also allows carriers the opportunity to manage and optimize the flow of mobile VoIP traffic generated by Over The Top (OTT) applications. This can potentially open up new models for charging of voice services and even possible relationships between carriers and OTT application developers for mutual benefits.
This report presents an in depth assessment of the VoMBB industry. Besides analyzing the business case and industry roadmap, including carrier and vendor commitments for VoMBB deployments, the report presents subscription and service forecasts for both VoLTE and VoHSPA from 2012 till 2016 at a regional as well as at a global scale. The report also features an „Expert Opinion‟ section, featuring exclusive transcripts of vendor interviews on the outlook of VoMBB industry.
For a Sample and Table of Contents please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The report is available for the following price:
- Single User License: USD 2,500
- Company Wide License: USD 3,500
The report covers the following topics
- The business case for VoMBB
- The key benefits to carriers for adopting VoMBB
- Carrier and vendor commitments to VoLTE and VoHSPA
- The industry roadmap for both VoLTE and VoHSPA
- Revenue and vendor market share for VoLTE and VoHSPA infrastructure
- Subscription and service revenue forecasts for VoLTE, VoHSPA, 2G/3G circuit switched voice and OTT application based mobile VoIP, globally and by region.
- Exclusive interview transcripts from four leading VoMBB vendors; Kineto, Acme Packet, Ericsson and Mavenir Systems
Key Questions Answered:
The report answers to the following key questions.
- How will VoMBB help carriers optimize spectral efficiency and offload voice capacity to WiFi networks ?
- How will VoMBB help carriers in bundling and integrating voice with other lucrative services such as video telephony ?
- What will be the effect of VoMBB on the rapidily growing OTT mobile VoIP phenomenon ?
- What is the cost reduction per subscriber that is obtained by using VoMBB in comparison to GSM, UMTS and CDMA based voice ?
- How does VoMBB improve terminal battery life ?
- What is the optimal time period for carriers to invest in VoMBB deployments ?
- How will VoMBB subscriptions and service revenues compare to traditional 2G/3G circuit switched voice and OTT application based mobile VoIP ?
- How will VoHSPA subscriptions compare to VoLTE subscriptions ?
- What is the regional outlook for VoMBB adoption ?
List of Companies Mentioned:
The following companies have been mentioned in the report:
Nokia Siemens Networks